Monday, January 27, 2014

Lets talk about LOVE RICE

my *love rice* experiment
started: 12.3.13
picture taken: 1.2.14


My 5 year old knows a lot of creative swear words like fartass.  I suppose its not really his fault he was raised during the storm of discovery.  The ugly part.  The part where my vocabulary took a dramatic shift.  But, as things begin to heal so does my language.  wheew!

After school today I overheard him call his sister one of these words.  It makes me so sad to hear these things from my children.  After wiping away some tears and giving some hugs I said to the boy go tell the hate rice that it's a fartass and then go tell the love rice that you adore it.  He did.

And then, I asked my boy.  "How do you want to treat you sister, like the hate or love rice?"

-------------------

The first week of December 2013 I cooked some rice.  Just some plain white rice.  Then, I spooned a bit into two sterile jars.  I labeled one the {hate rice} and one the {love rice}.  This is an experiment I learned about from yoga Amber and Dr Emoto.

And everyday I would tell the {hate rice} how terrible, disappointing, ugly it was. I would snicker at it's "muffin top" and tell it that it was worthless and stupid.  I asked the neighborhood boys to come yell ugly words at the poor hate rice.  It hurt my ears.

And, everyday I would tell the love rice how wonderful, delicious and fluffy it was.  How it was most sweet, amazing rice I'd ever seen.   And I would play sonatas and love songs on my record player.  I gave love to that rice.

After 30 days, the results were astonishing.  The hate rice had disintegrated into mush.  And the love rice was indeed fluffy and intact.

Let us be gentle to ourselves and those around us.

-xoxo-
Scabs


13 comments:

  1. holy cow, for real?? that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started our rice mid December and are still going. Poor hate rice is doing AWFUL!!! Love rice has a small bit of mold on it but is holding strong. This has made such an impact on my whole family young and old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. I'm so glad you did the experiment. I'm going to do it with my kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. That experiment reminds me of an experiment I heard about. The person grew two plants one she sang to and the other she didnt. The one she sang to grew better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I can't believe how words affect things both positively AND negatively. I am doing this for FHE! xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. . . . .sometimes I just wanna hug your brains out.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is not what yoga is all about.

    Why does one need hate rice at all?

    Is it the rice's fault that you deemed some to be hateful and some worthy of love?

    If one truly respects all food one doesnt experiment like this.

    And are we trying to teach our children about love by telling them that if we talk with hatred to people and things they will wither away and persih?

    Whats to stop them from talking with hatred to things and , heaven forbid, to people whom they think should perish?

    Are we sure that they would only learn the love part and not the hatred part?

    Things may have happened as you said they did , but teaching children that anything you say hateful words to will perish is a very very wonky way of teaching them to be loving.

    And , God forbid, if they think they have such power in their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is always at least one critic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so amazing and interesting. and profound really. i need to do this soon. like for really really

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do it if you so will, but please dont let even a few grains of rice perish..there are enough hungry kids on this planet.

    And do we really have to experiment to learn that hate kills stuff?

    ReplyDelete

hi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting