Friday, November 8, 2013

thoughts about confronting a liar

credit

It's Friday and it's apple season, yay!  I feel the weeks swirling and whirling into the holidays which I traditionally like to take slowly.  But, that's not happening at the moment because I have a handful of unfinished projects that need to get done PRONTO.  Working on it.

{camp scabs slc}

Camp is delayed till March.  Don't cry!  It will be everything we need it to be.

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

{other news: necklaces}

There have been more requests for "be brave" necklaces.  So, I made a handful.
Click here if you'd like one.




{thoughts about confronting a liar}

As for liars, I've been sorting through my inbox and found a recurring theme in the last few weeks emails and texts. The gist of the question goes like this:

"I feel like there is something wrong, but I don't have any evidence, a few coincidences but nothing solid. He's lost my trust and I've given him the benefit of the doubt.  I want to trust him again.  But when I share my doubts and the few coincidences, he explains them away and I feel stupid and unsure of trusting my gut feeling.  What do I do?"

Looking back at Summer 2011 Mr. Scabs behavior was hilarious, sad, but hilarious!   Everything was a lie. He had been lying to himself and everyone else so much and for so long that he became a solid brick of lies. Even the blood running through his heart and brain and pancreas were teeming with lies.  He ate, slept, drank and masturbated to tall tales and other distortions of truth.  

The upside to all this is that I was able to use Mr. Scabs for some experiments.  Without knowing it, he was my test subject and I took what I know about myself, lies, our environment, Mr. Scabs and behavior science to try a few things.  After all, I had nothing to lose, I was floating in limbo and packing my parachute so I tried a few experiments.

I want to share these experiments and what I learned about confronting a liar with you.  So, this weekend I will put together a Scabs Guide for talking to a liar.  It's not perfect.  It's not the end-all.  It's just what I did and it worked for me and Mr. Scabs.  Maybe you can get some ideas that will work for you.

Have a gorgeous weekend my friends!

-kisses-
Scabs


6 comments:

  1. There is a book out there...I believe it is called WHEN YOUR LOVER IS A LIAR.....a great read. Pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that book! Especially to leave around the house to offend my husband. Moahahahahaha. I can't wait for your liar guide! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited for your guide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to this. Any idea when you'll be ready to share it?

    ReplyDelete

hi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting