Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Travel Award!

credit


Having a scholarship fund is kind of a double edged sword. 

Of course, I'm so incredibly thankful for the chance to give an opportunity to women who wouldn't have been able to come to camp.  On the other hand, after reading your stories, I wish you could all come!  
Thank you for your letters.

In fact, it was so heart wrenching that Jane was sick about the idea of only choosing two.
She has the most tender, kind heart and I can't wait for ya'll to meet her.
Yep, I said, "Ya'll", it just felt right.

The 2 winners were picked at random and I did it the old fashioned way.  If  you submitted an entry, you should have received an email with a not-so-great, one handed phone video of me pulling 2 names from a bowl.  Didn't get this email/video?  Let me know.

Congratulations to our winners and 
"may the odds be ever in your favor!"

(I channeled a little bit of Effie Trinket while I swirled my fingers around the bowl) 



6 comments:

  1. Such a great thing you are doing for these ladies!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a good thing, but it wasn't me. It seems like the universe converged at the exact right moment making all these resources available!! I'm lucky to be a fly on the wall in all this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations to the winners!! Such a wonderful experience you guys are going to share and what a wonderful donation to be make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie! I'm still blown away by the donation!

      Delete
  4. I watched the Hunger Games [again]last night, and I thought of you and this post. Not super relevant to the winners [congrats to them!], but I just wanted to tell you. Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i should have wore my pink wig when I picked the winners names! :) Next time

      Delete

hi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting