Monday, February 11, 2013

Camp Scabs Survey Results


The results are in!
And, I've made a pie chart for you.

We'll be holding Camp Scabs in AZ, UT and CA!
Idaho and New York were close, so I'm still wondering about doing both or choosing one.

Other places suggested were Mexico, London, Seattle, Vancouver, Pennsylvania, Montana.
Who knows what the future holds.

For now, I'll be working on dates and plans for the AZ, UT and CA camps.
The details will be announced in a few weeks.
Yea!!!

camp scabs survey results


Some general info


Who's invited: Women only

When: Camps will probably be Friday night through Sunday morning.

Cost: I'm hoping to keep the cost around $75-100 per camper for food, lodging and activities.  Is this reasonable?  If addiction, separation or just life has caused you financial strain.  Don't count yourself out. Send me an email.  I'm sure we can work something out.

Communication:  Once the camp is announced and you're signed up we will start a private email where we can communicate about location, car pooling, safety, what color sweatpants your going to wear and if you like Nutella, along with other more important details.

Safety:  Because of the intimate nature of our lives and the stories we'll be sharing, safety, privacy and respect are paramount.  It's important we feel safe physically and emotionally.  I'm working on ways to foster this.

Camp Scabs is such an exciting idea for me and I can't wait to meet you!  
Questions?  Comments?  


22 comments:

  1. I'll be in my turquoise sweats in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer!!! Maybe I'll make the cut next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can come to the one in utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a fantastic idea! I'll go to NY should you choose to add another location :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Physically safe!?! Pfft. I'm out. Just kidding hahah!

    YAY!! So stoked.

    Dude, who is from Montana!?!? I wanna know! I'm from Montana too... although I'm in Utah now. But ya...

    Anyways...

    Ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I can come to the one in CA! Great idea. So, so, great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Texas girl just might have to figure out how to go west!! (Any one else have the Pet Shop Boys song in their heads now?? My homage to the old stake dances has officially been paid:) Anywhoo...It sounds like a brilliant plan and something I should definitely allow myself to attend if I could make it work! I will send you an email and see if the stars will align and I can make a trip:) Thank you for all that you do!! ~Sariah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would come to the Utah one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh. this makes my heart feel glad. i am in AZ, i really hope I can come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be interested in a NY or PA one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for keeping our community strong. We are all sisters here, but I think our bonds will be so much stronger once we KNOW each other. There is power in seeing the whole person.



    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to travel I live on the east coast but love the west coast... one idea might be to have a regional leader for people who cannot travel west but would like to have a weekend get together?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been in the blogging world in awhile since my baby was born but I am sooo glad I stopped by & saw this. I soooo need a weekend away & I love to travel. I can probably make it to a Camp Scabs in ID or UT. Can't wait to hear more !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would LOVE to come to Camp Scabs Utah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am I the only one in Vegas??? I have hookups for a cabin for a retreat both outside Vegas and in Brianhead, UT. I attended a retreat for our PASG group at a cabin in Kolob. It was one of the very best things for me. That was a couple of years ago. I was thinking today how much I need another. I've got more to write for my step 4 and that's the best way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine you're the only one in Vegas!

      Delete
  16. I am Utah, this would be exciting and scary for me. My situation is like tip toeing on glass right now. Due to the subject at hand. But, I am interested. It might be nice for me to have some support that understands.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am very interested in going. I never knew how much support was out there! Thanks for all your efforts in putting these camps together :) I can't wait to connect!

    ReplyDelete

hi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting