Monday, August 20, 2012

Hilariously Disgusting

no time for NO2  crayon on paper  edition of 4 each $32,000 (9”x12”)
No Time for #2

August 17, 2012

Mr. Scabs got all knocked-out handsome Friday night.

He showered, wore something nice and splashed his face with that distinct man-smell, the smell that drives us women bananas.  As the babysitter stepped inside the house, Mr. Scabs stepped out the front door and closed it.

"Knock-knock"

I couldn't help but giggle a little as I opened the door and he asked,

"Will you go on a date with me?"

I admit, I'm always a little frigid and distant.  But this night, I began to thaw.  We smiled and laughed.  We talked about real things.  We showed emotion and compassion.  I have notice such a change in his face.  A literal, physical change.   Post d-day 22 months, it's as if the darkness is no longer there.  Tears dropped from my eyes as I shared my worry for a friend, his hand reached across the table to hold mine.  This is a new phase of my healing, the big thaw.

But this isn't the hilariously disgusting part.

The back of the Subaru was packed with a bunch of junk I wanted to donate to Goodwill.  I suggested we stop even though it was 9:30 at night.  Maybe we'd find a fabulous treasure!

We split up.  Mr. Scabs was checking out the videos and I was filtering through kitchenware just a few aisles away.  A short, beer-bellied, greasy man dressed in a dirty yellow T and saggy denim rounded the corner.  Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed he was zipping up his jeans.  Yep, ZIPPING UP HIS JEANS!!!

I freeze as he walks behind me taking his place just two inches from my side.  I don't breathe but I can smell him anyway.  His stench cutting through the distinctly musty Goodwill aroma.  He turns to face me, his face too many inches into my personal space.

"How YOU doin'?"

One sideways glance at the perv and I skedaddle toward Mr. Scabs.  After a few minutes of nodding in agreement at the awesomeness of his Bruce Lee video discovery, I feel safe again.

Venturing out into the aisles of Goodwill alone, searching for my treasure.   As I turn down one aisle I notice someone following me.  Naw, this can't be.  Am I paranoid?  I turn the corner, another corner and then another...an older man in a grungy white t-shit is following me!

Seriously?  I make a beeline for Mr scabs and we booked it outta there.

So beware ladies,  lonely pervs haunt the aisles of Goodwill on Friday nights.  It felt like a game of choose your pervert.

With the greatest love and respect, I choose Mr. Scabs. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. LOL OMW!!! And then you need to keep that awkward smile on your face, while you are backing away from them hahaha. Thats funny man...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was sick! I didn't have a smile...there was no way i could hide my disgust!

      Delete
  2. Haha! Sounds like they need a peopleofgoodwill.com- it might give Walmart a run for their money! Like how you describe this as "the big thaw". Pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know what's even worse...as i was bolting for the door, i looked behind me and saw like 4 or 5 other sicko perusing the store. walmart has competition.

      Delete
  3. your story gives me hope. For my own marriage and for yours.
    I'm sure other people have told you but thank you so much for being so open.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay...thank you. I'm always a little raw putting this story out there but it begs to be told. There are a lot of us who are lost in this darkness and don't know what to do or have lost hope. So im thankful you've reached out to say that you're finding hope.

      Delete
  4. HAHA! Love this! "Choose your pervert!"

    This post makes me happy. So much healing has happened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it's like climbing Everest without a Sherpa. A bit dangerous and there will be some damage and the progress is slow but once you see reach through the clouds everything seems a little more clear with a little more depth.

      ps thanks for linking up to me today! it's the sweetest compliment

      Delete
  5. Amen to Chantel. This post makes me so happy. The Big Thaw, I love it too. We should get bumper stickers that say

    "I ♥ my perv."

    Okay not really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously...two thumbs up to Mr. Scabs being a manly man, baby! I am thrilled he loves and cares deeply for you and is doing all that he can to redeem himself. And, I totally agree that the guy in the store is disgusting. Ewww ewww!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all in time. I'm not 100% on board with him yet. But he's working toward redeeming himself.

      Delete
  7. Aahh the unforgettable date nights at Goodwill... When u love someone anywhere is good right? Orange you lucky ur not single and available @ Goodwill... So, so happy you are finding something that was lost, unwanted, discarded and used...having real love and figuring out how to be good at it is truly priceless. Forever love your desire to pursue and own happiness and that which you deserve. So glad Mr. Scabs is waking up to a beautiful life he owns, in his own skin. Prayers, hugs and love for all of the sweet women who are feeling discarded, you are the greatest treasure and you will have your chance to be cherished, don't stop believing in yourself, true love is possible, hold on to hope, you are eternally worth it

    ReplyDelete

hi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting