Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First Day of Spring

eatmyscabs,blogspot.com
Real Simple
Yoga is my cleansing ritual; pushing my body and clearing my mind.  Tonight my legs felt strong and solid as I pushed into Warrior pose.  The heels of my feet grounded and I became an extension of the earth.  Rising up, my arms reach back, opening my heart----

My teacher instructs as we fold forward, hands touching the floor,
      "Release anything that no longer serves you.  Make room for new growth."

Instantly my eyes water and sting as I push through the next pose.  My heart is tender and my body quivers slightly with emotion.  I know she is speaking to me.

It's the first day of Spring.  And in that spirit, I want to release my bitterness, my acidic anger and feelings that life has cheated me.  They no longer serve me.  I will make room for new growth in my heart.

7 comments:

  1. You seem like the type to hate cliches (I do) but that gave me goosebumps. It really did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing this yoga video in my living room that was very different than any yoga I had ever done. It included jumping and swinging your arms with very deliberate breathing. At first I felt a little silly, but then all of a sudden I totally embraced it. I felt like I was flinging my stress out my fingertips and pushing it out with my lungs. I prefer "workouts" to "meditation sessions," so I often get a little uncomfortable with the whole "connect with your inner self" part of yoga. But this video seemed to lift a burden off my shoulders and clear out my mind. "I will make room for new growth in my heart." Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like some serious yoga awesomeness!! Throwing your stress and pain away with some jumping and shaking is great. There were definitely goosebumps involved.

      Delete
  3. Wow. Echo the goosebumps above. I love yoga. THanks for reminding me that I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never done yoga but I still got goosebumps... lol... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the imagery of this post. You are a strong woman. Your children need you. Your husband is so dumb that he would choose nasty and cheap over real and worthy. I'm sorry that you (or anyone) has to deal with this stuff... It sucks- but you are inspiring. Thank you for sharing your journey. You are a warrior.

    ReplyDelete

hi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting